Great Reflection From The Word Among Us

He had to become like his brothers in every way. (Hebrews 2:17)

My children, do not be afraid. You don’t have to fear anything, for I am with you always. Not even death itself should hold you in fear. Remember who I am. Remember what I have done for you. And don’t be afraid.

Remember, my children, that in the garden of Gethsemane I was so anxious that I sweat drops of blood. Yet I prayed, “Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet, not as I will, but as you will” (Matthew 26:39). I was put to the ultimate test and tempted to turn away from God’s plan for my life—a plan that included my agonizing death for your salvation. Yes, I was afraid, but I did not let my fear rule me. And because I continued to trust in my Father, not only was I set free from death, I am now able to free everyone who is bound by fear and anxiety. So do not worry. I have destroyed the power of death!

My children, when you find yourself fearful and apprehensive, please stop and turn to me. Take a deep breath, calm your heart, and place your trust in me. Let me be your strength, your consolation, and your refuge. Let me prove to you that my grace is sufficient, no matter how weak you may feel. I am your great high priest. I have stood where you now stand. I have shared in your weakness. I have tasted your temptations. And because I triumphed over them, I have disarmed them. Know, my children, that when you are weak, I can be your strength!

I know what it is like to fear the “little deaths” you face every day—the bloodless deaths to self that you experience as you try to live out my will, as you try to love and serve other people, as you give of your time and energy to build my kingdom. But you don’t have to fear them, my children. I love you. I have gone before you and paved a way that you can follow. I have destroyed the power of death. Trust in me, my children, for death has been robbed of its sting!

“Thank you, Jesus, for your victory! I will not fear, for you are at my side.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Corner

Retreat