Back Home Again!

I arrived home last evening and got my bags into my bedroom and then crashed until 1AM. I then got up unpacked, went to the office, went shopping, and then prepared for Daily Mass. I'm not exactly sure when I will "run out of gas" but it is great to be home after a good visit with Fr. Johnnie and his parish. I will have more to report on in the days ahead.

I did not have any internet access while I was away and the only means of communication was with my Delorme InReach device. This enabled me to provide very brief (160 characters or less) posts to Facebook. I did take notes and journal a bit and while this visit was very different than my first one in 2008, I have no doubt a good foundation has been laid out to help us progress in forming a sister-parish relationship.

I met a gentleman on the plane ride from London to Seattle who was from Holy Family Parish in Kirkland. I noticed he was reading a piece of Catholic literature and asked him if he was a Catholic. He has been taking classes at Holy Family and his wife and their first child was traveling with him. She had a work engagement and was able to bring her family on the trip. They might visit St. Brendan's in the future, and I fortunately was prepared with a business card:)

I wish you all a most blessed and safe 4th of July. I just had the privilege of celebrating the Memorial Mass for Independence Day. Let's keep our nation in prayer and a special word of thanks to all of our veterans who have fought and labored for our freedom. May we never take that for granted!

Popular posts from this blog

Retreat

Book Corner