Prayer Service for Deceased Priests

I just returned from Calvary Cemetery and the annual Holy Thursday Prayer service for deceased priests. I always go to the spot where I will be buried and proudly acknowledge it is probably the only piece of property I will ever owe.

The weather was good this year. It is usually very windy, rainy, and cold. The children from St. Bridget parish came and sang for the service. Their reward is pizza after everything is done:)

Richard Peterson, the director of Catholic Cemeteries for the Archdiocese of Seattle, told me about one year when Archbishop Brunett was speaking at the service and all of a sudden a bolt of lightening struck the tree above him and scared everyone half to death. You can see the tree and the top part of it is bare and dead. Glad I wasn't there....I probably would have run for cover under a metal roof or something:)

Popular posts from this blog

Book Corner

Retreat