Operation Rotator Cuff

I have suspected for sometime that a previous surgery I had to fix a torn rotator cuff had come undone based on pain and other symptoms I have been experiencing for the past year.

I had an MRI/Arthrogram a couple of weeks ago, and went over the results with a surgeon on Thursday. He went to the images from the procedure and highlighted a torn rotator cuff. (Darn! I hate being right about some things!) He seemed surprised when he outlined the procedure and recovery that I didn't have more questions. I just told him I have done this before and wasn't looking forward to it.


I will have to have another operation in a week and a half to fix this problem. Unfortunately, the recovery is exactly the same with the arm being immobile for six weeks in a sling and sleeping in a chair during that time period. This particular surgeon said he would probably start physical therapy earlier than the last one did.

I suspected this operation was up and coming so while I was in Chicago last year taking classes, I took an Uber trip to Best Buy wanting to purchase a keyboard to help with my notes. I saw that some dictation software was on sale and purchased it. I will have to use that for the next several weeks as I won't be able to type properly. The accuracy has improved considerably and I am going to copy and laminate all of the commands and start getting myself ready to use it. I will try and do a better job at proofing things before I send them out as a few swear words accidentally found their way into some of the posts. (Yes! That did make me blush a bit!)

My mom has graciously agreed to come over and take me to the surgery and help out for a few days.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated for a better ability to use my right arm and hand and no more experiences of shoving my toothbrush up my nostrils when brushing my teeth. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Corner

Retreat