Day 1 & 2 Witamy w Polsce! (Welcome To Poland!)

Day 1 & 2 (Travel And Arrival in Warsaw)


We made it to Frankfurt and are waiting for our departure to Warsaw. The flight was smooth and landed on time.  I was so grateful the passenger who was supposed to occupy the window seat moved to another seat further up in the plane which allowed my mom and I to use the middle seat for extra space.

Even though I have had the privilege of traveling a lot, I am still fascinated by air travel. I watch the planes from the Seattle/Tacoma airport nearly every evening as they come and go from my upstairs window in the rectory.  I was able to make a visit to the Boeing Museum of Flight on my birthday last fall and learned a lot about the history of air travel. We flew to Frankfurt on a Boeing 747 and I found out during my visit to the BMF that they are no longer going to be making passenger 747 planes anymore as they are no match for the twin engine 777 and 787 when it comes to fuel efficiency. Here is an article I found which highlights the end of an era with the 747. 

I will take a few photos of the church where we will have Mass this afternoon and am pretty certain I will turn in right after dinner for bed as I wasn't able to sleep on the plane. 

Thanks to everyone who gave me intentions to bring on the trip. If you have prayer intentions you can send them to me through my email at frnorthrop@thegraceofpentecost.com or use the Prayer Request link on the website which you can go to by clicking here. 

The church below was where St. Faustina first responded to her calling to enter religious life. This is where we celebrated Mass this afternoon.

The other photos were taken at the convent of the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy, which is St. Faustina's religious order. Only one of the sisters spoke English, but they were all very friendly. We went downstairs where they have a museum highlighting St. Faustina's mission and the growth of her religious order. 















Tomorrow will be a busy day with a visit to the Warsaw Rising Museum in the morning. 

The monument (photo below) to the Fallen and Murdered in the East commemorates the victims of the Soviet invasion of Poland during World War II and subsequent repressions. It was unveiled on 17 September 1995, on the 56th anniversary of the Soviet invasion of 1939. It is literally right in front of the motel where we are staying and viewable from my room window. Our tour guide was telling us about the history of oppression and suffering the Polish people have undergone, which she also pointed out, was one of the reasons why they are strong in their faith. 



I will post another blog entry tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and please keep us in your prayers. 

Popular posts from this blog

Book Corner

Retreat