Happy Easter!

First off, Happy Easter! The last few weeks have been incredibly busy. I haven't had much time to think about a blog entry because of the pace of parish life, but now that Easter has arrived things aren't quite so hectic. (Knock on wood!)

A lot of priests take the week after Easter off to recharge. I am taking the second week of Easter off and will reconnect with some friends from the seminary. It will be good to have some down time and I am looking forward to my departure on Sunday evening. 

I had a good visit with my brother and his family the week before Holy Week. We did a number of tourist things, including Ride The Ducks in Seattle. It was a little cold and I sure appreciated the blankets they provided as we zipped around Seattle with the windows (or plastic shades) down. I have always been fascinated by amphibious vehicles and remember one in Richland that would cross the Columbia river before they built a bridge. We also visited the zoo and I bought a membership and hope to return on a sunny day to do some photography with a lens I bought from my dad. 

May will be a busy time with the upcoming retreat I am conducting and Confirmation and 1st Communions. I think the older you get the fast time seems to pass. I can't believe I am in my 9th year at St. Brendan's. 

I hope that you and your family are enjoying the Easter season and enthusiasm is building for my favorite celebrate, Pentecost! 

in Christ,
Fr. Jim Northrop

Popular posts from this blog

Retreat

Book Corner