Priest Days

I enjoyed a great Priest Days this year and was very impressed with the speakers and the topic for the event. It was incredibly relevant to the challenges and joys of parish ministry and I feel like I walked away with a greater understanding of what needs to change in order to help people enter into a deeper relationship with the Lord and sense of ownership within the parish. Now comes the time for prayer and practical implementation. The book that was referenced during the talks, Forming Intentional Disciples, by Sherry Weddell, works very well with another popular book which focuses on the renewal of the parish. That book is Rebuilt, by Michael White and Tom Corcoran.

I came home Thursday afternoon and wasn't feeling well. I picked up some kind of 24 hour bug but took it easy on Friday and I'm feeling much better. I have a busy day ahead but it was nice to get a little break after Mass this morning. I have a total of 4 Masses today.

I leave Monday afternoon for a brief trip to Malawi to visit Fr. Johnnie Chimwaza and St. Martin parish where he is the pastor. We are prayerfully discerning a sister-relationship and I ask for your prayers for a smooth and fruitful trip. I have received all of my shots and my medications are filled. checked the weather forecast and it looks like it is going to be in the 70's. I thought it would be a lot hotter and that was very welcome news for me!

I have an electronic device that will enable to me message and share the journey on the internet. I will begin live updates Monday evening. For the time I am away, I am going to make my Facebook page public so that anyone who wants to follow the journey can do so. I will have a link on the front page of my website (www.thegraceofpentecost.com) I will return in the afternoon on July 3rd. Your prayers are greatly appreciated! I return in the afternoon on the 3rd of July.

God has graced us with a beautiful first "official" day of summer here in the Northwest. I'm sure lots of people are enjoying the sunshine.

Have a blessed day!

Popular posts from this blog

Retreat

Book Corner