Travel, Taxes, and Theology

I should be working on a number of things but I feel like I am at the end of my rope for the day and have decided to try and retire early and get up very early for a very busy day.

In April I knew I was going to get a refund on my taxes and with all the talk of tax fraud, I simply chose to file for an automatic extension. If it hadn't been for the Mass yesterday with the reference to the "tax collector" I think I would have totally forgotten to get that done. It shouldn't take me too long to complete my tax return, thanks to TurboTax. In 2002 I filed for an extension and unfortunately, my Grandmother, Edna Martinson, was dying and passed away on August 16, 2002. I completely forgot about the extension and got a heavy fine for being late. That isn't going to happen as I will get the return filed tomorrow before midnight.

I am planning on leaving early in the morning for the Tri-Cities. I am the State Chaplain for the Catholic Daughters of the Americas and will be doing a presentation on the Gift of Christian Hope and How To Keep It Alive. It will be a short trip and I will need to return on Saturday morning. My plans at this point are to retire early and get up early. If I don't sleep well I will leave later. I certainly don't want to be dangerous and be sleepy while driving over the mountains. We'll see if the nightly medication my doctor gave me to treat my gastroparesis works. Some nights it works and some nights it doesn't. I must admit I am very excited about giving the presentation. The title is Keeping Christian Hope Alive. I think a lot of people lack hope and are overwhelmed by all the turmoil and sufferings in the world. It will be a privilege to try and provide some encouragement to the participants and give them some practical resources.

I hope all our families had the ability to disengage from their busy lives and enjoy some rest and relaxation during the summer months. That is a very important thing to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Book Corner

Retreat