Where Does The Time Go?

A lot of time has passed since my last blog entry. This is usually an indication that life in the parish is pretty busy and I haven't had a lot of free time. That is the case with this recent gap in blog entries. 

I had the opportunity to go home over Thanksgiving week and spend some time with my family which was great. I saw the third "Hunger Games" movie with my brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephews. Although a lot of critics were pretty negative about the movie I enjoyed it but wish I didn't have to wait a whole year to see the final movie. The last segment of "The Hobbit—The Battle of the Five Armies" comes out today. I will try and find some time to fit in a viewing between Christmas and New Year's Day. When I was a kid I would listen to the Rankin/Bass storybook from the animated movie for hours. I thought the voice characterizations were very well done and even recognized John Huston's voice a couple of months ago when I was watching an old movie.

I won't be going home this year for Christmas with Christmas day falling so close to a weekend. It was great last year getting some time off and being able to travel to Spokane to pay tribute to my Grandma Esther who died a little over a year ago at the ripe old age of 100. I didn't get home again for a visit for nearly a year. I definitely need to do a better job of breaking away to see my family. My niece and nephews are growing up very quickly.

After I post this blog update I will begin working on two Pastor's Corners, the first which will be posted immediately, and then the second one which will be posted on Sunday. From now on I am going to try and have one done ahead of time so there are no gaps in the postings. My goal will be to post them every Sunday. 

We have our school Christmas Concert this evening and I will be joining the 5th graders who are playing "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas" on the recorder. 

That's all for now. God bless and have a great Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

Retreat

Book Corner