Back In The Saddle (or Pew) Again

Hello everyone,

I know it has been a long time since I have had a blog entry or posted a homily. Life has been pretty busy but I am keeping my head above water (most days) and just returned from a fun-filled fishing trip with my dad to Mexico. The fishing wasn't as good as it was when I made my first trip in 2018, but it was still a lot of fun and it was great to have a little time away from the parish.

I will spend the evening getting caught up and will post two homilies from the past two weekends. I won't attempt to catch up for all the missed ones but will hopefully get back on track to get one done every week.

I am praying about the future of the Daily Thought.  I have been doing the Daily Thought for over 14 years. Since I had to quit the company that managed all the mailing lists (costs were too high), it takes me nearly 15 minutes to send them out and I haven't had time every day to get to it. I'll let you know whether or not I am going to drop that part of the website. It is most likely I will discontinue it.

I have been asked to fill in for the Deacon Formation program this weekend and do a lesson on the Holy Spirit. I need to come up with some kind of exam and will also have to spend time working on that this evening. I never pass up an opportunity to teach about the Holy Spirit ⏤ one of my favorite topics!

I am enjoying my new cat, Simba. He is full of energy and I was warned by my parents when I picked him up that he is constantly on the move and getting into things. I have been waking up nearly every morning with toilet paper all over the floor. When I adopted him his profile said, "Ceres (his original name) is a very active cat and needs a 'patient' home". I'm working on that! He has a great personality and doesn't bite and scratch me like Samson did. If he does bite it isn't hard and he doesn't put his claws out. He just always on the move and very curious.

Hope life is going well for you! Thanks for all your prayers!

in Christ,
Fr. Jim


Popular posts from this blog

Retreat

Book Corner