Thanksgiving St. Brendan Style

I would love to be home with my family, but because of the scheduling, that won't work out for this year. My folks wouldn't be able to join us either so it would be a little strange without them.

I am still looking forward to Thanksgiving and I will be joining other parishioners tomorrow in providing a delicious Thanksgiving Day meal for all those who are struggling or might not have anywhere to go.

I just bought a turkey, roasting pan and oven bags. I've never cooked one before but it doesn't seem too complicated. The only thing I was trying to figure out is if people use any special seasonings on the turkey. It seems to me (if my memory is correct) my mom just stuffed the turkey and put it into the oven. I don't remember her seasoning it. I didn't get a Butterball, but I know they are loaded with delicious tasting chemicals! :)

Some people don't like all the Christmas music that usually follows Thanksgiving. I understand it may be a reaction to all of the commercialization going on and the desire to wait until you are closer to Christmas. I enjoy having it at the beginning of December. I greatly enjoy Christmas music and one month isn't even long enough for me. It's part of my whole childhood. I also don't think I have ever had a December without watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. That was always a family tradition. The soundtrack is available on iTunes. Yes, I am a misfit!

Advent is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to it. My first weekend in Advent will be conducting a retreat. I love doing retreats. I get to teach and try and inspire people about their faith. I will be incorporating more music with the retreats this year. I will also be providing a CD resource of all of the participants. I'll start printing those very soon as the machine I use takes 20 minutes to complete a LightScribe label.

I hope and pray you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving. In spite of all of the challenges we face as a country, we have much to be grateful for.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Corner

Retreat