The Pastor's Corner

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I will begin a three year program called Good Leaders/Good Shepherds at the end of this month. This program will help me become a better leader and pastor. I have heard from other priests who just completed the program that they acquired very helpful skills and tools to help them in parish ministry. I am really looking forward to the program. 

One of my personal goals is to do a better job communicating with the parish leadership and community. It is a real challenge with the busy demands of meetings and appointments to find time to just share a reflection or thought or just thank people for their faith and dedication to the Lord. After some thought and prayer I have decided to start The Pastor's Corner. I will make a weekly video broadcast and podcast to help provide a weekly forum to communicate with the parish and school. I am going to find a corner in one of the rooms in the rectory and set up my little recording studio. I will try and keep the videos to around 3 minutes and will end by highlighting some of the events and happenings at the parish and school. I plan to use You Tube since it is free and I already own a video camera and editing software/audio equipment. 

I won't use this column to write a reflection anymore but will provide a brief summary of the video and a link to view it/or listen to the podcast which you will be able to subscribe to for automatic updates. Our parish website is going to get a major overhaul in the near future and we may be able to automatically put the videocast/podcast directly within the website. 

I am greatly looking forward to the upcoming year and know we will have our share of  joys and challenges. God will never abandon us and His grace will be sufficient for all things. Amen!

Popular posts from this blog

Retreat

Book Corner